Schedule at a Glance
Friday Evening Workshops
January 23rd, 2014
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Registration
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
(time varies by workshop)
- Botanical Printing Children's Workshop (9 to 11 years of age) - Jayna Hintz - 6:00 to 7:00 pm
- Botanical Printing Children's Workshop (12 to 15 years of age) - Jayna Hintz - 7:30 to 9 pm
- Cooking with Herbs - Lauri Lee
- Gourd Art Workshop - Terri Schmit
- Miniature Garden Design & Mini Trellis Workshop - Katie Bevernitz
- Make a Freeform Twig Trellis - Sandy Lotto
- Photography Techniques - Bill Johnson
- Pruning - Jeff Epping
- Wine Bottle Planter Workshop - Carol Strand
4:00 – 7:00     Robert W. Monk Public Gardens Meet and Greet
in the Photography Room
Join us for regional refreshments and appetizers and see the progress and latest projects at the Monk Gardens. Get information on membership and upcoming events. Monk Garden merchandise will be available.
4:00 - 9:30 pm     Garden Vision photography display,
Vendors, Raffle, Door Prizes & Exhibits
New This Year - Slow Food Dinner
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Wausau Chef Clint Schultz of Urban Street Bistro and Kat Becker of Stony Acres Farm will team up to present GV's first Slow Food Dinner.
This sit down dining experience will include a choice of three entrees and a presentation by CSA owner Kat Becker.
Locally Grown Food from Seed to Table...
will be Kat's presentation topic. Before dinner, you are invited to attend a Meet and Greet session provided by the Robert Monk Gardens, featuring regional refreshments and appetizers. $35 per attendee or $65 per couple will cover the entire experience to be held at the UWMC dining room. Limit 50 people.
Exhibits and Vendors
January 24, 2015
7:30 am - 8:30 am     Registration, Vendors, Door Prizes, Raffle & Exhibits
Coffee and pastries will be available for purchase
8:30 am – 8:45 am     Welcome & Introductions
8:45 am - 10:15 am
Keynote: Bill Johnson
"Pollinators - Beyond the Honeybee"
REGISTER EARLY TO SEE BILL JOHNSON IN PERSON! The first 230 registrants will see Bill present in person, in the Auditorium. All later registrants will view his presentation on a screen in the Lecture Room.
There will be a 15 minute break after our key note speaker.
10:30 am - 11:45 pm     Breakout Session 1
- Attracting Birds to the Garden - Mariette Nowak
- Designing Greener Sustainable Gardens - Jeff Epping
- Tree Fruit - Brian Smith
- Hardy Grape Culture - Judith Reith Rozelle
- Herb Garden Design - Lauri Lee
- Vegetables A to Z - Dick Zondag
11:45 am - 1:15 pm     Lunch
Four options are available.
Don't forget to visit our Vendors, Exhibits and Photography Contest entrees.
Bill will be selling and signing his books in the registration area.
1:15 pm - 2:30 pm     Breakout Session 2
- Gardening With Conifers - Richard Eyre
- Establishing a Prairie Garden - Neil Diboll
- Straw Bale and Square Foot Gardening - Dick Zondag
- Strawberries & Asparagus - Brian Smith
- True Lilies - Nate Bremer
- Wildlife Photography - Bill Johnson
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm     Break—Raffle Drawing at 2:45
Grand Prize Mayan Hammock Chair, from Lee Valley plus many other prizes
Last Opportunity to View Exhibits and Vendors.
3:00 pm - 4:15 pm     Breakout Session 3
- Tea Scoop: From the Garden to the Teacup - Lauri Lee
- Growing Gourds - Terri Schmit
- Invasive Plants & Insects - Anthony Summers
- Spectacular Containers - Jeff Epping
- Succulents - Dan Mahr