Schedule at a Glance
Friday Evening Workshops
January 24, 2014
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Registration
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
(time varies by workshop)
- Aldo Leopold Bench Build - Mark Duginske
- Bonsai - Create Your Own - James Fairchild
- Japanese Flower Arranging - Kazuko Bressler
- Landscape Design Workshop - Mark Dwyer
- Living Wall Planter Workshop - Diane Urbans
- Majestic Eagles - Stan Tekiela
- Nature & Wildlife Photography - David Olson
- Rain Barrel Construction & Rain Gardens - Kris Tiles
- Water Feature Design & Installation - Joel Reinders
- Wreath Making - Ashley Hagerwald
- Yoga for Gardeners - Maggie Schoenfeld
4:00 – 7:00     Robert W. Monk Public Gardens Meet and Greet
in the UWMC Union.
Join us for light refreshments (wine, soda & snacks) and see the progress and latest projects at the Monk Gardens. Get information on membership and upcoming events. Monk Garden merchandise will be available.
4:00 - 9:30 pm     Garden Vision photography display,
Vendors, Raffle, Door Prizes & Exhibits
Exhibits and Vendors
January 25, 2014
7:30 am - 8:30 am     Registration, Vendors, Door Prizes, Raffle & Exhibits
Coffee and pastries will be available for purchase
8:30 am – 8:45 am     Welcome & Introductions
8:45 am - 10:15 am
Keynote: Melinda Myers
"Affordable Eco-Friendly Landscape Makeovers"
REGISTER EARLY TO SEE MELINDA MYERS IN PERSON! The first 230 registrants will see Melinda present in person, in the Auditorium. All later registrants will view her presentation on a screen in the Lecture Room.
There will be a 15 minute break in the program.
10:30 am - 11:45 pm     Breakout Session 1
- Blueberries & Raspberries in Zone 4 - Brian Smith
- Captivating Bluebirds - Stan Tekiela
- Nature's Creativity in Japanese Garden Style - Tim Gruner
- Sustainable Meadow & Gravel Gardens - Jeff Epping
- Vertical Gardens - Mark Dwyer
11:45 am - 1:15 pm     Lunch
Four options are available.
Don't forget to visit our Vendors, Exhibits and Photography Contest entrees.
Melinda will be selling and signing her books in the registration area.
1:15 pm - 2:30 pm     Breakout Session 2
- The Art of Bonsai - James Fairchild
- Ferns & Mosses - Mark Dwyer
- Heritage Gardens of Old World WI - Marcia Carmichael
- Photography Critique - David Olson
- Vegetable Gardening Success - Melinda Myers
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm     Break—Raffle Drawing at 2:45
Last Opportunity to View Exhibits and Vendors.
3:00 pm - 4:15 pm     Breakout Session 3
- Daylilies & Irises - Robert Zimmer
- Dormant Garden Interest - Jeff Epping
- Lawn & Garden Tool Maintenance - Craig Saxe
- Passion for Peonies - Michelle Ovans
- Uncommon Facts About Common Birds: Part 2 - Stan Tekiela